Sunday, March 13, 2011

Assignment 10: Class highlights

1. I had a deep understanding after discussing Ch.2 in class. One question that has bothered me for a long time is “How does mass media affect the society?” I am wondering whether it affects us, or we affect it. I agree with the quote in p.40 of textbook which is “There really is no general, simple answer to the question of how media affect behavior. The best answer is usually ‘It depends.’” The theories I learned in this chapter help me to understand the logical question, “What does it depend on?” Both societies and individuals will affect by the media according to those theories. Sometimes, it affects quite a lot though.

2. After discussing Ch.6 in class, I knew more about movie making. I knew it is hard to produce a movie successfully, so I really admire those who make a good movie, especially those who won the Academy Awards. They deserved the glories. Also, the moving rating system is impressed. I didn’t know a lot until I watched “This Flim Is Not Yet Rated” in class. I believe all of our classmates knew more about that after watching this.

3. As I would like to choose public relations (PR) as my concentration. I am happy that we had discussed the chapter of public relations (Ch.12) in class. I figured out the difference between PR and advertisements after watching the power point professor Grobman showed in class, and I can identify them now. I realized that some promotions are made by PR but not the advertisement department, for example, some mailing circulars with the name on the front. I have received this kind of mails before as well, but I thought they are made by the advertisement department of that company. And I think it is a really good way to promote.

I have learned a lot in this JOUR 2 class, and I hope we, all our classmates, did as well. I hope all of us can enjoy the TV production project in the coming Tuesday. Of course, I hope we can have a successful Dating Show!:) This will be a good experience. 
Last but not least, thank you so much Professor Grobman and the TA Sharon!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment